Jacksonville Modifications Lawyer

Relief. Restore. Renew.

Let Parker & DuFresne bankruptcy law firm help you through the entire process.

Alimony, Child Custody, and Child Support Modifications in Jacksonville, FL

Every divorce results in significant changes that occur to the lives of parties involved.

For example, spouses are splitting assets, and children are sharing time between the parents. Likewise, after the final judgment is entered by the court, many issues may arise whereby modifications may be needed.

Life happens, and that means that one party’s situation may drastically change following a divorce.

So, if that is the case, Parker & DuFresne will work with you to modify alimony, child custody, child support, and/or time-sharing or any other issue that has arisen.

Our modification attorneys will petition the court to modify the orders that were previously entered.

Child custody and child support modification can cause complex issues because of the relationship between the parents and the child or children.

For instance, parenting plans may need to be altered.

It is essential to get legal representation who will assess your case and act.

Child Support

Our child support modification attorney will look over all the information that may affect your ability to pay.

For example, these circumstances could range from job loss, increased daycare costs, to a child’s unique needs.

So, whenever substantial changes occur, your support payments may be adjusted.

Likewise, the court does not want to consider a modification of support unless the amount of the change is greater than 15% of the child support amount or $50, whichever is greater.

Child Custody and Visitation Modifications

Many situations may arise that would give rise to request modifications. So, it is critical to safeguard the children as much as possible.
Here are some of the reasons for modifications:

  • Change in occupation or loss of job
  • Work schedule conflicts
  • Substance abuse or violence initiated by one parent
  • Relocation of one parent
  • Becoming disabled or unable to care for the child
  • Actions by one party that would require supervised time-sharing

After speaking with your modification attorney, it could be determined that a supplemental petition is necessary and advantageous to file.

This petition is filed to request that the court modify custody or visitation or any other pertinent issues.

Alimony Modifications

Alimony changes are similar to those of child support. Any change is based on several possible circumstances.

Alimony, child custody, and child support modification is a complicated process.

So, our team of modification attorneys will proceed through the case with you, providing honest advice, and valued representation.

Likewise, in the state of Florida, either party can request the modification.

Whether you are seeking a change or defending one, Parker & DuFresne will work with you.

Questions or Concerns?

Before your consultation, visit our FAQ page to learn more about child support and custody modification.

Parker and DuFresne

Parker and DuFresne