Enforcing Court Orders from the State of Florida

The court issues, orders, and final judgements are issued by the court. In the state of Florida, the court retains jurisdiction over any case that has been previously decided. In some cases, an individual does not abide by the order or judgment, and action must be taken to enforce the orders as entered by the court. Enforcing a court order or judgment isn’t automatically done by the court and must be actively pursued by an attorney or the parties to the action. Parker & DuFresne has a team of talented lawyers who can help enforce any court orders and /or judgments.

Court orders and judgments regarding family law proceedings typically fall within the following situations:

  • When a party that has been ordered or motioned to do something refuses
  • Not abiding by parenting timeshare or visitation agreements
  • Missing alimony or child support payments
  • Not complying with the proper distribution of assets and liabilities

Options for Enforcing a Court Order

When enforcing a court order, there is a wide range of options that may be available. Parker & DuFresne will strive to reach the best possible outcome for your case.

Detailed Letter

Solving your case may be as easy as a pointed letter to the party at fault. This would be drafted by your lawyer, and a date certain would be required to comply with the order or judgment before further action would be required.

Motions and Litigation

Your lawyer may file a motion with the court to ensure that the at-fault party will follow the terms and conditions of the order or judgment. The court may enter additional orders to accomplish compliance.

Florida Court Actions and Consequences

Because the courts in Florida maintain jurisdiction over matters, they have decided, they may enter additional orders or amend judgments to require a party to follow their previous decision. Enforcing a court order can range from suspending driver’s licenses, garnishing wages, suspending professional permits, placing liens on properties, or finding such party in contempt of court.

Court Order Enforcement Attorneys

When dealing with your former spouse regarding a family law issue, Parker & DuFresne can work with you to enforce a court order or judgment. Our team will assist you through this delicate time if the opposing party is violating the order of the court. Similarly, if you are being accused of not honoring court orders, our attorneys can help you as well. Regardless of the situation for enforcing a court order, Parker & DuFresne will work with you. Contact our office and let us work for you.