Alimony, Child Custody, and Child Support Modification in Jacksonville, FL

Every divorce results in significant changes that occur to the lives of parties involved. Spouses are splitting assets, and children are sharing time between the parents. After the final judgment is entered by the court, many issues may arise whereby a modification may be needed.

Life happens, and that means that one party’s situation may drastically change following a divorce. If that is the case, Parker & DuFresne will work with you to modify alimony, child custody, child support, and/or time-sharing or any other issue that has arisen. Our modification attorneys will petition the court to modify the orders that were previously entered.

Child custody and child support modification can cause complex issues because of the relationship between the parents and the child or children. Parenting plans may need to be altered, and it is essential to get legal representation who will assess your case and act.

Child Support

Our child support modification attorney will look over all the information that may affect your ability to pay. These circumstances could range from job loss, increased daycare costs, to a child’s unique needs. Whenever substantial changes occur, your support payments may be adjusted. The court does not want to consider a modification of support unless the amount of the change is greater than 15% of the child support amount or $50, whichever is greater.

Child Custody and Visitation

Many situations may arise that would give rise to a request to modify. It is critical that the child or children involved have their rights safeguarded as much as possible. Some of the reasons for modification are listed below:

  • Change in occupation or loss of job
  • Work schedule conflicts
  • Substance abuse or violence initiated by one parent
  • Relocation of one parent
  • Becoming disabled or unable to care for the child
  • Actions by one party that would require supervised time-sharing

After speaking with your modification attorney, it could be determined that a supplemental petition is necessary and advantageous to file. This petition is filed to request that the court modify custody or visitation or any other pertinent issues.


Alimony changes are similar to those of child support. Depending on the situation that arises, the court is petitioned to make a change to the alimony payment based on several possible circumstances.

Alimony, child custody, and child support modification is a complicated process. Our team of modification attorneys will proceed through the case with you, providing honest advice, and valued representation. In the state of Florida, either party can request the modification. Whether you are seeking a change or defending one, Parker & DuFresne will work with you.

Questions or Concerns?

Before your consultation, visit our FAQ page to learn more about child support and custody modification.