As the cost of higher education continues to rise in America, it has become increasingly difficult for students to afford this privilege without incurring thousands of dollars in debt. The average student loan debt for the class of 2019 graduates is nearly $30,000, with this number expected to continue trending upwards for the foreseeable future. At Parker & DuFresne, P.A., we understand the importance of minimizing debt and are inspired by those who pay their way through college while collecting as little debt as possible. For this reason, we are excited to announce the 2021 Parker & DuFresne, P.A. Pay Your Way Scholarship!
The 2021 Parker & DuFresne, P.A. Pay Your Way Scholarship was created to help students who are going above and beyond to pay for their higher education. Through the Pay Your Way Scholarship, one individual who best explains the extra steps they are taking to pay for their college tuition will receive $1,000 to go towards easing their financial burden! Whether this is applying for scholarships, working a part-time job, or saving up holiday money, we encourage all students to apply.
- The scholarship is available to all current high school seniors, college students, and graduate students who legally reside in the United States in one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia. Occupants must be enrolled in a two-to-five-year post-secondary institution for the upcoming semester.
- If you are an employee of Parker & DuFresne, P.A., or an immediate family member (parent, child, sibling, and spouse), you are ineligible for this scholarship. Additionally, those living in the same household are also ineligible.
- To be considered for this scholarship, you must have a GPA of at least 3.0 and be in good academic standing.
- The candidate must submit a 750-1,000 word essay response to the prompt: What steps do you take to collect as little student debt as possible?
- The candidate must submit a professional resumé as well as a transcript from their current school. First-year college students, graduate students, or individuals who have recently transferred schools may submit an unofficial transcript from their current school, as well as the most recent official transcript from their prior school. High school students must also submit proof of acceptance to their college or university.
The recipient of the 2021 Parker & DuFresne, P.A. Pay Your Way Scholarship will be chosen during the month following the scholarship deadline. The deadline to apply is July 31st, 2021.
Application Deadline and Instructions:
To be eligible for this scholarship, candidates must email their full application (including the essay, resumé, and transcript) to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 31st, 2021. Any applications received after this date will not be considered.
Scholarship applications should be sent with the subject line “Parker & DuFresne, P.A. – 2021 Pay Your Way Scholarship Application.”